On August 27, 2013. Facebook announced that they updated Pages Terms in order to make it easier to business of all sizes to run contests on their Timelines. (Check Page Terms )
Different Facebook contest rules were a major change, after 2 years of prohibition, since Facebook has first banned promotions directly on a page and required the use of 3rd party applications in this purpose. So, new promotions guidelines update was a surprise for many. Still, promotions on personal timelines are not allowed which doesn’t surprise us much.
The 3rd party apps are no longer the only source available to run contest and promotions. This definitely was a good news for small business owners but, there are certain advantages and disadvantages to be discussed.
Although this major change occurred last year, it is never too late to explain the difference between timeline promotions and usage of applications since there is a significant difference between these two promotion options. Decision what is better to use depends on your needs, business size and goals.
Let’s compare to see the strength and weaknesses – Timeline promotions vs. Apps .
May the best contestant win! Continue reading
Did you know that total number of Facebook pages is more than 50 million, of which 25 million are Facebook small business pages? (Source: insidefacebook.com). Some 2 billion connections have been established between local business and users and, what is the most important for you to know, 52% of marketers have found a customer via Facebook.
If you are among those who are having your business fan page but are not sure how to conduct a right marketing campaign, we are going to help you start thinking in the right direction – how to achieve marketing success on Facebook.
If you are an entrepreneur or small business owner and you have a website, but still not sure if you should spread to Facebook by creating your fan page, we are going to help you make this crucial decision. How?
Read these statistics and the answer on this dilemma will come up to you easily.
Why Facebook business fan page is a must have?
Today you should have a fan page – tomorrow you must have. Your competition has one already – check them out!
Getting started is easier and faster than you think. And brings many benefits already!
- Secure the Facebook page URL (i.e. facebook.com/mybusiness) before competition does – creating a fan page is FREE and takes 5 minutes.
- Upload your logo and a picture so you declare ownership fast and easily.
Be aware of the following facts:
- Your current and/or future customers are on Facebook. You need to be where your customers are.
- Your current and/or future employees are there. You better be there as well!
- Your current and/or future voters (if you are a politician) are there. You better be there as well!
- Your current and/or future suppliers are there. You better be there as well!
- Your current and/or future whole value chain of your industry is there. You better be there as well!
- Your current and/or future donators (if you are a non-profit) are there. You better be there as well!